CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Home for the Holidays

Festivities started the week before Christmas for our family, when we had 3 parties in one weekend. First, we had the Haycock Family party.


It was filled with:

Lots of smiles,





Games (including parachute and paper plate iceskating),

This was so funny, while playing the shark game with the parachute, I went to pull Becky under. She

was expecting a kid and when she lifted it up I snapped a picture of her terrified face.




A pinata,





Presents,





and a talent show featuring tumblers, singers, piano players, and Joseph taking us back to our scottish roots.






A few hours later, we had the Bruderer Christmas party. It was so special and I wish I had teken pictures but I think I was just so busy that I didn't even think about it. My uncle Reed put together a slideshow of old family pictures and then my grandparents told us some stories from their Christmas pasts. The spirit felt so strong and I will never forget it.


The next day we had the Leete family party where the little kids put on a little Nativity play and we sang songs to go along with it. Kaemon would have nothing to do with a costume, but Eli played the role of a donkey...for a little while at least. It was so cute!Kaemon with his aunt KieshaKaemon and Eli enjoying the show.



It was a great weekend that was filled with lots of family! We loved it!



On Christmas morning we actually had to wake our kids up to open their presents so that we could get going where we needed to be. Eli is really not a morning person as you can tell but they loved the wiggle cars Santa brought them!






All Kaemon wanted for Christmas was a teddy bear. His reaction when he opened it was priceless. Eli got a puppy which he likes to give kisses.






This is what Rory got me! While the kids ride their wiggle cars around the basement, you can guess what I'm doing :)





New Years Eve

Mike Mortensen and Mike Mortenson playing wii together.

Steve made us the most amazing homemade fries in the world! I'm still craving them!


Rory and Cute little Josan.

Becky wanted to borrow a shirt from me and instead found one to borrow from Rory.
Jake posing for a picture.

The kids, and apparently Becky, made a fort on Kaemon's bunk bed. They also had fun playing with toys and riding bikes in the basement.
Those of us who lasted until midnight...

Steph is not in the picture because she was laying on the floor not feeling well.
At the stroke of Midnight...

Poor steph :(


Bringing in the New Year with a bang.

6 comments:

Cherie said...

That is so funny you got blades cause I have been telling my husband for 3 Christmases now that I want some! (But i haven't gotten any:( )

Cami said...

Cute pictures, makes me sad I couldnt come to your party. I love the picture with Kaemon and his teddy bear.

Steph said...

What a great post!! I love Kaemon with that teddy bear, that just melts my heart that that's what he wanted, so cute!! Thanks for having us over New Years' Eve, sorry I was such a bummer! That is a really funny picture of us at the stroke of midnight though, haha!!

Palmers said...

Thanks for the invite to your party. We would have loved to come, but we went with my family. We had a pot luck and played games and stuff. We try and do that every year! Looks like you guys had way fun though, and a good Christmas. No, Mason isn't in paino but I would love to get him going in it. I just meant I try and learn with him but I don't know what I am doing either:) Hope you guys are good. Your boys look just like Rory I can't even believe it. Lets do something soon like you said!

hoLLY said...

what a fun Christmas! cute pics of your boys, so adorable! Glad you guys had a good holiday in your cute new housE!

Nisa and Colby said...

Looks like you guys had a fun holiday! Sorry we didn't make it to the party, but it was fun seeing you the night before!