CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Catch Up

We have been having a great week! One of the best things that happened was that my brother Robert and his wife Kari had their sweet little baby girl, Eliza. I've only seen a little glimpse of her and it is killing me! She is such a cute little baby!

We've also had a fun weekend so far, this is what we did: http://cecilyandjaycee.blogspot.com/

It's been a while since I have really posted much about Kaemon and Eli. They are seriously so much fun. I am so glad I had them close together, they are best friends. They do fight like crazy, but most of the time they are little partners in crime and love playing together. They are always getting into trouble together. Like just a few weeks ago I had a funeral to go to and as I was heading out the door I looked at Rory, who looked really tired while sitting on the couch. I said, "warning-do NOT fall asleep while they are awake or you will have a mess on your hands." A few minutes before the actual funeral started I get a text message from Ror that says, "Where is the finger nail polish remover?" and another a few minutes later, "Do we have any carpet cleaner?" Come to find out he did not heed my warning and fell asleep. When he woke up just about 20 minutes later, he found the boys, each with a bottle of fingernail polish. It was all over the carpet, their clothes, their bodies, everything. I wish Rory would have taken pictures.
This is what happened one day when I left the bathroom for a few minutes while they were taking a bath. I could hear them giggling like crazy so I knew it couldn't be good. They got into a bottle of shampoo and emtpied the whole thing out all over. It took me a while to clean up all the bubbles.


I love how when Kaemon is asleep Eli will go up to him and stroke his hair and hug and kiss him. He knows he can do it without getting pushed away. I also love how when Kaemon gets into something that he knows he is not supposed to, like candy or gum, I will always find Eli with some, too, even though it is well out of his reach (even with the stool). I love how if one of their cousins seems to be picking on Eli, Kaemon will say, "Be nice to my brother!" Or when they are reunited after being apart for a while they will hug each other and say, "I missed you!"

Kaemon's still as stubborn as ever, and still as sweet. He loves going to preschool where he is learning how to write. He also started primary this year and I can't even tell you how ready he was. His new favorite song is, "I Am a Child of God", and we are lucky enough to listen to it over and over in the car. He knows all the words and Eli knows most of them now! (It's so cute to hear them sing!)
A few of Kaemon's favorite things:
dinosaurs, going to his grandparents' houses, batman, "puzzle games", road signs, music, fire, the color white, riding his bike and wiggle car, playing the wii with daddy, and learning about anything and everything.
He loves his cousin Jaycee and tells everyone that he is going to marry her in the temple. This is Kaemon snuggling on the couch with George.

Eli is still our silent destroyer. He's a very busy boy who is is always up to something. He talks non-stop now- saying the funniest things! Some of his most common phrases include:

"Do it again, Mommy/Daddy/Ba Pa"
"I wuh you!" (I love you)
"Hot yaw yaw!" (hot lava)
"I don't want it!"
"No! Bay-bun!" (Kaemon)
"oh Meeya" (Maya)
"I wanna blow bubbles, pweeeeese!"
"Ah hungee" (I'm hungry)
These are just a few of the most common things he says. He is an incredible talker for his age and we love every word that comes out of his mouth-we're still very grateful for the sound of his sweet little voice. He's usually been a mommy's boy but lately he has been only wanting Rory. Yesterday when Rory said good bye to leave for work Eli just burst out in tears and threw himself on the floor. (He's our very dramatic boy). He always says, "I wanna call Daddy, pweeeese." It seems like every time I turn around I have some sort of mess to clean up. One day, after fixing my hair, I went to get my make up out of my purse, only to find that Eli had had the same idea.



I love these little boys so much!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Oh they are too cute!! What sweet little boys, we need to get together soon.. Let's have a date night or even just hang out at one of our houses, we are good whenever! :)

Cami said...

Looks like you had fun with the mills' kids! I agree, Eli is a great talker! And most definitely the silent destroyer.

Nick and Kandi said...

Your kiddies are so adorable. I love hearing all the cute stuff they say to each other. I heard about the finger nail polish from Nick's mom. I guess Cheryl told her. I think it's hilarious! Mostly because I remember doing that to my house when I was little!

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

i love these 2 little destroyers! :) cant wait to spend 4 days with you guys!!! it ll be so fun!

Nate and Sarah said...

Those boys are getting so big, they look so much like Rory! Are you guys loving your new house?

Amelia said...

Your boys are seriously adorable!! I understand about those mischievous little ones...it seems every time I turn around Tysha is "discovering" something new! And I have to tell you again how much I love your new house! You've done such a great job making it a beautiful home for your family. :)