6 Quirks
Tagged from Nisa, Stephanie
Definition of quirk:
n.1. A peculiarity of behavior; an idiosyncrasy: "Every man had his own quirks and twists" Harriet Beecher Stowe.
2. An unpredictable or unaccountable act or event; a vagary: a quirk of fate.
Rules: Link the Person who Tagged you. Mention rules on your blog. Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.Leave a comment to let them know.
1. My dad sometimes calls me DD. Why? It stands for Deformed and Demented. Ya... he's real funny. I don't know if it qualifies as a quirk but I have a lot of unusual things I can do with my body. I am flexible and double jointed so I can do some pretty weird things with my arms and legs. I use my feet as hands. I can touch my nose with my tongue, I can totally grab under my ribs even with the extra layer of fat that resides there now. These are some of the things...(family and close friends please don't make any remarks about the other things I have chosen not to share!)
2. I'm a germ freak. I sometimes wash my hands so much the skin begins to come off. I have gotten a lot better over the years but sometimes I have mini panic attacks in my head when I see someone stick their finger in my baby's mouth, or not wash their hands while cooking food, or not washing newly purchased dishes before their use. I have to tell myself, "I will not die from this. They live this way and they are fine..." I used to freak out about every small thing that I thought was not very sanitary and make excuses for my fear.
3. I know tons of people are afraid of spiders and bugs. But the word afraid does not even describe the horrible fear I have for insects. It is a serious phobia that I am trying to deal with.
4. When flipping through channels on the TV I have to start with channel 2. I can't start in the middle or it will drive me crazy!
5. I HAVE to do my bedtime routine because if not, I will wake up about 2 or 3 in the morning and not be able to sleep until it is done right.
6. I hate clutter. Sometimes I just throw or give things away if I don't know what to do with them because I just can't stand CRAP. I like clean lines, no junk. It makes my life feel too chaotic. I have a history of giving things (especially clothes) away to people and then see them wear it and wonder why I gave it away. Or I need something but realize I threw it away and it drives me nuts!
I want to tag: Amy, Cami, Tiff, Holly, and whoever else...
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Lori you ARE quirky, but don't worry, it's the quirks about people that make them interesting. I am the same way about cleanliness and clutter (and my husband is the biggest pack rat known to man. It drives me nutty!)
your funny, I hate clutter and MP is King of Clutter so I feel like I am constantly cleaning! it is probably a girl thing!
ha ha ha! You are so funny! It was so much fun hanging out with you today. We need to do it again soon!
Kim Zolik commented on my blog but of course she's made hers private. Could you pass along the message to invite me to her blog. crystaloberg@gmail.com
Hey Lori & Rory! How are you guys?? I found Skyler Chugg's blog (I went to high school with him), and saw your guy's names on his blog and wondered if it was the same Sayama's. Anyway, how is your cute little family? Your lil' guys are SO handsome. Your oldest has gorgeous eyes. And Lori I LOVE your hair short. I would love to cut mine like that! Do you still live up on Taylor Ave? Hope you're doing well.
Chad & Kylee
Oh my....it's like you are reading my mind! I am a handwasher too. I have to start at 2 while flipping through the channels too. I am ridiculously afraid of insects too. I am a germ freak too and must wash EVERYTHING before I use it. ha ha ha.....
Now I don't feel so alone in the world!!!!! ha ha ha ha......
Post a Comment