CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Just a little Catch-up

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We definitely did, it will be one we will always remember. I feel like I got to know many of my family members better, and Rory's family members as well. I think I realized that all of my cousins are really cool and I LOVED hanging out with them! All of the parties were amazing this year. I especially loved the Bruderer Christmas party when all the little kids dressed up and did the Nativity scene and story. It was so cute!
Living here with my paretns and letting our kids share Christmas morning with them was very special. Plus, I think it would have been kind of sad for my little brother since two of his siblings got married this past year. It would have just been him opening tons of presents from Santa. Becky ended up having to be in the hospital down here so they decided to stay here for Christmas as well. It was a full house but it was tons of fun!
We spent Christmas Eve at my Grandparents' house (my favorite tradition), then went to Rory's parents for a while, then back home to open all the cousin presents and presents from my parents. Then Christmas morning, after opening presents, we headed around the corner to Rory's parents' house for our traditional breakfast with all of his extended family. Then we opened more presents there. We were completely SPOILED this year! I'm pretty sure Rory's family gave about twice as many gifts to Kaemon and Eli as Santa did. They bought me jewelry, which I LOVE, and my favorite-a Cricut. Now I can't blame my bad handwriting for me not scrapbooking, I am excited to get started. Oh ya, and Rory got this really cool helicopter thing that he plays with all the time.

We've been very busy lately. Rory is getting ready to start another semester of school, and he has also been working another job coaching girls' basketball at Roy High. To say he loves it would be an understatement. I like that he is doing something he loves so much, but I don't like that it makes less time for us to be with him. I am kinda needy that way I guess. We have gone to a couple games but it's hard to keep Kaemon off the court. Rory looks so cute when he's coaching! :)

I'm not really up to much. I spend most of my time (besides playing with my kids and cleaning) looking up houses on the internet and checking mortgage rates. We're trying to decide if we should just buy a house now or keep saving, we'll see what happens.

Kaemon is...sigh...how do I sum the kid up in a few words? He's crazy, loving, full of life and attitude, and snuggly. He's still very much into sports and has to take a ball pretty much everywhere he goes, even to bed with him. He is saying the funniest things that crack me up every day and he amazes me at how much he knows. He's been very into growling lately which drives us nuts. The other day I asked him what he wanted for lunch and he said, "I want chicken nuggets with barbeque sauce". He's extremely stubborn and strong-willed. He's just so fun to be around!

Elijah is our happy child. He's got the sweetest little personality. I think Kaemon looks like Rory but acts more like me and Eli looks more like me but acts more like Rory. He's always happy. Whenever someone he really likes hold him he grabs their face/hair with his freakishly strong arms and pulls them in for a huge slobbery kiss. My dad gets a huge crack out of this. HIs voice is so cute, and he can make some pretty interesting noises. I've heard that Mariah Carrey and David Archuleta had problems with their vocal cords, so maybe Eli will be our singer. He can sit for longer than I can, and he is content to sit and play with a pile of toys. He can scoot and roll all around, but is not crawling yet. He pulls himself into the position and rocks, though. He has also pulled himself from sitting to standing a few times. Also, he's a little oinker and is getting a little chubby.

That's what's going on with our family! I can't get pictures I want off my small camera buthere are a few random pictures from the last month.





13 comments:

Cami said...

I think Kaemon may have gotten the growling thing from Landon.. sorry.. and Kellie, if your reading this.. Landon got it from Ethan! :) Nice how they share things. Also, you are soooo right on Kaemon having your personality!! It cracks me up! Eli is a good baby, I'm jealous that he is content to sit and play.

Nisa and Colby said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas. Cute pics! We do need to get together soon!

Mombrud said...

I have a solution! Wanna buy our house?

Dustin and Kellie said...

So, I would VERY SINCERLY like to apologize for the growling thing.. But in my defense, I think Ethan got it from Simba. So I think we all should blame DISNEY! I totally agree, tho, it's the MOST ANNOYING sound EVER!

Camille said...

I love your new family pictures- they are so cute! Your little boys are darling. Sounds like you had a great Christmas!!

Steph said...

I'm so glad to read your updates, sounds like Christmas was awesome!! We haven't seen you guys in forever and really miss you, let's get together soon k? Call me anytime, I'm pretty much always at my mom's during the day so just across the highway! :)

Jared & Melisa said...

What a fun Christmas!

I'm so glad I was able to see and meet your two little boys in person the last week, they are soO cute (handsome)! And it was fun to talk to you for a few minutes too. :)

Jared & Melisa said...

What a fun Christmas!

I'm so glad I was able to see and meet your two little boys in person last week, they are soO cute (handsome)! And it was fun to talk to you for a few minutes too. :)

Palmers said...

Your boys are so cute and are getting so big I can't even believe it. Thanks for your cute Christmas card. It sounds like you guys had a good Christmas and hopefully a fun New Years to.

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute. Your Christmas sounds busy! Ours is that way too and I love it. It is so much fun to visit all the families! Every year gets more fun as they grow a little older, I think!

Brook Parker said...

Hey girl! I love your new family pics, you have the cutest little family and your little guys are so adorable! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing great, and that you had a Christmas spent with your family...for that I am jealous :) We wanted to fly home for christmas sooo badly this year because Christmas here just wasn't the same without the fam. Glad to hear you guys are doing great :)

Sarah J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate and Sarah said...

That's good you guys had a great Christmas! We did too. That's cool you're looking for a new house! Good luck with that! Your kids are so cute, and growing so fast! I bet they were fun for Christmas.