CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Milestones

A lot has been happening in our family. It's a rare moment that I can take time to get on the computer for more than a few minutes. At this moment I have Kaemon on my lap begging me to get off.

First of all, and I can't believe I haven't blogged about it yet, Eli is all over the place! He has been crawling for a long time now. He is happiest when there are lots of things he can climb up on, cruise around, and he loves to open and close drawers and cupboards. He also says words! He has been saying "ma ma" along with the usual E-babble for a while, but now I am sure he actually knows what it means and associates it with me. He says Hi, Bye, and sometimes you can get a wave. His newest game, which he thinks is hilarious, is he loves to drop his toys and say "UH UH!" (uh oh) I can't believe how much he is growing up. He is such a sweet little guy, he sure loves me to hold him all the day long though!



Kaemon has also had some big changes. We took him to the store and bought him a big boy potty and some underwear. I decided to wait realizing that we have a lot going on this month but one night Landon came over and he was getting in his jammies and Kaemon saw his big boy underwear and insisted the next day on wearing his. He got into his drawer, brought the underwear to me and said, "I want to wear my big boys today". So I let him, and since then it has just been on on and off t hing. We don't force it upon him, but if he wants to wear them then he does. Maybe it's not the best way of going about it. When he is wearing big boy underwear he does very well, hardly any accidents if any at all. However, potty training takes a lot of time and work, and it's very hard. So although he is ready, I think I am waiting until this month is over!

Kaemon is such a funny little boy. He has these tantrums, and I know most 2 year olds do, but his are extreme. I can't wait too long without giving him a snack. Usually his most extreme fits are after naps and it's really scary. After talking to the doctor we found out that Kaemon is Hypoglycemic. I already knew it was something of the sort, since we've always had to keep crackers by his bed to prevent mid-night terrors. He is doing a lot better though, especially now that we know more about it.



Kaemon says the funniest things. I wish I would keep a notebook near me to write down all the funny things he says. Like just this morning when he woke up and Rory turned on the light he said, "My eyes are broken". and just now, he looked at me and said, "Actually, you're cute mommy." And now when we ask him if he wants to do something, or we tell him to do something, he'll say, "Maybe later, mommy." He also has started drawing shapes, what two-year old does that?

I am excited for this month to be over. I love being a mother, I really do. But I have been having a really hard time lately. Rory is gone ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I feel like I really need a break from my children, for my sanity. I love them to pieces, but it's just really hard without Rory here to give me a break. Plus, I just MISS HIM. I don't know how single mothers and military wives do it. I just couldn't. Maybe I am just having a hard time because we just had a long weekend and spent a lot of time together. We had an awesome Valentine's day. Rory surprised me with tickets to go see "Romeo and Juliet" in Salt Lake, and we went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. It was so nice to spend the evening together! Rory is going out of town this week, and then next week is the basketball tournament so that will be the end of the season for coaching. YAY!!! Rory will only have his regular job and school, and we can handle that.

So I guess I will end on a positive note, spring is almost here, even with all the snow, I can just feel spring coming, and I CAN'T WAIT! Ror and I decided we're going to go on a vacation, somewhere exotic! I can't wait to plan it!

12 comments:

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

Wow I really dont know how you do it Lori! I feel like Adam s always gone too....just with work and school. Like you said; i have no idea how single moms and military wives do it! Ive been taking care of Josan by myself for barely 4 days now (Adam being super sick he was staying away from the baby) and I feel so exhausted!!!! Hope things will get better soon for you! Good luck on the vacation thing too!

Mombrud said...

I know what you mean about feeling trapped sometimes. If you need a break, call me and I will come pick up the boys for a couple of hours. Seriously, I will be calling you when I get back from San Fran to ask you which day!
As for the hypoglycemia, I had it before I got pregnant with Christian. Believe me, he has a reason to be grumpy! It makes you feel awful when you are low. I found that when I ate sugar, my body produced too much insulin and so I would crash lower than when I started feeling bad. I found my miracle solution was peanut butter! It has enough sugar to give an immediate boost but has protein to sustain so you don't crash like you would with other sweets. Unfortunately, I had to completely quit candy and other sugars to get off the roller coaster! Be careful with juice, it has a lot of sugar.
Good luck!

Rach Romney said...

Your boys are so cute! I totally understand needing a brake! It really is a full time job chasing after kids, cleaning up and just being mom! I hope you don't mind me peeking in on your cute family every once in a while :) I hope things calm down for ya soon!

The DeGiulio's said...

your little boys are so cute. I cant believe how different they both look from each other. So whats new with you guys? That sounds hard to have your husband gone especially with 2 little ones.

Steph said...

That sounds way tough Lor! Now that I'm just staying at home, let's get together soon k? I go over to my mom's a lot so maybe we could get together next week? That would be fun :) I'll facebook you or something..

Cami said...

Your pics turned out WAY cute of your boys!!! I love them! I realized that Kaemon IS alot better once you found out about the hypoglycemia thing. I wish I was going somewhere exotic. Does Logan count?

hoLLY said...

your boys are so beautiful!!!!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

I love those pics! They are great! Did you do them? So I completely know how you feel about the 'single mom' thing! Steve is NEVER here either. I freaked out the other day because on a day he was supposed to be home, he went to Instacare and spent 3 1/2 hours there. I know it was for his health...but I was so mad that it took so long. I FREAKED OUT!!!!! Oh well....It is hard to be mommy 24/7! And I only have 1...you have 2!!!! If you ever need a few hours alone...CALL ME! I would love to watch them. Jake loves playing with his cousins!

Awesome about Eli and his accomplishments! I can't get Jake to talk for the life of me. He just refuses. He will only say 'da da' on a consistent basis. He knows 'ma ma' and tries to say Dexter (dah-gwah) but he only does it on his terms!!!!!

Kimberly said...

You have the cutest kids!!! I love the pictures. We need get together soon! Lets do lunch!! I will talk to you later.

Jenny said...

Hello Gorgeous Girl...First of all I miss you like Crazy and we need to get together for dinner one night like we have been saying forever!!! You precius little boys are so handsome!!! I love them. So did you find out where you wanted to go exotic??? That sounds nice to go somewhere Warm because I am sick and tired of the Snowey weather. Anyways I miss you and love you like no other!!!

p.s I decided to be the world of blogging so you'll have to had me:)

girly girls said...

Those pictures of Kaemon and Eli are so cute. Love Cecily

girly girls said...

this is jaycee kaemn like cut and elije