CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Doing What I Love

I have found a hobby that I love. The best part is, I can make a little money doing it. My camera has seriously been the best present I have ever received, I have so much to learn but I am having so much fun practicing. I went up to Daughters of Faith Camp as one of the photographers and I learned so much from my friend DeAnna, who I worked with up there. She is starting up a photography club which I think I'll join. She is professional and knows so much so I can't wait to learn more from her!
A few days ago, Adam and Annie asked me to take some pictures of their cute little family. I was more than excited! I haven't done very many families yet so I loved the practice.
These I took just for fun while I was babysitting little Josan:


He is sucha happy little guy, we love babysitting him!
These are a few of the ones we took at a park by their house. I'm not sure why they look so blurry on here though...

Trust me, I know I have a lot to learn, but I am loving the practice! I have a couple more families coming up and I can't wait!

10 comments:

Mombrud said...

Good for you! We love the pictures you took for us! I have received a lot of compliments on them. You have real talent! If you really wan to make it a business, you might want to consider setting up a separate blog as a place to show your work. I know Mormon Mommy Blogs features moms' business blogs sometimes too! I gues it depends on how much you want to advertise.

Nick and Kandi said...

Love your pics. I've gotten into photography as a hobby too and it's soooo fun!

Marriott Family said...

Wow Lori those look GREAT!! I want you to take our family pictures! We need to get them done so bad!!

kdance10 said...

I too would love you to take some family pictures of us:)

Jared & Melisa said...

They look great Lori! What a fun hobby to have and a great little business too. I agree with your friend you should set up a blog with your work.

I hope everything is going well with your house.

Tammy said...

Lori, those are the cutest pictures!! I was just showing them to my mom!! You are going to be famous someday!

Ben and Kelli said...

I think they look so good!! You did a really great job, I'm very impressed!

Brook Parker said...

They turned out really well, you are very talented! Too bad you aren't over here, or I would hire you to do our photos :)

Erin said...

Yeah, Alix is going with me. It is going to be an adventure, that's for sure. We leave about 8am and arrive in KW about 7 pm, 3 different planes, which can be good or bad. I can already see us walking the aisle in the plane trying to get Ash to sleep while Shi is screaming to "ge'down" from his seat, after going through 80 dollar store toys that were supposed to entertain him for 15 mins. each. All the vacationers are going to love that lovely start to their relaxing trips. At least we'll give them something to talk about (two under two?? They must be some of them crazy mormons!)! Great pics, btw. I need to get around to reading that dang manual so I can get mine to turn out like I want them.

Melanie said...

Great pics! I will have to have you do some pics of us! I want/need new family pictures way bad! We got our barstools at Walmart. We got them when we lived in Logan. I am not a huge Walmart fan, but sometimes you really can find some cute things there.