CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Overhaul

We've been up to a lot the past week but the most exciting thing is that this little guy finally decided that he likes walking better than crawling. Before today, he has been very able to walk, just not very willing. He gets so frustrated when he falls and then he just wont do it anymore. As of tonight, however, when he falls he just gets right back up and starts walking again. Which is very exciting! He is also riding in a big boy car seat.
I took him to the doctor on Friday. The doctor is a little worried about his weight. He is below the 5th percentile. I don't really know why, he is a really good eater, and he loves bottles of whole milk he gets. I know he is a good eater, he eats meat, fruits, veggies-everything. But I am still going to try to beef him up a bit. I've been adding more butter to his veggies, feeding him pediasure, he's back on formula, etc. I would love any fattening tips!
Last Saturday I had an early morning meeting. When I returned this is what I found... Luckily my calling is photographer so I had my camera in hand. Rory was no where in sight.
When I yelled his name he thought it was the funniest thing in the world. Maybe this has something to do with his weight-he's more interested in climbing than eating what's on his tray.

This past weekend Rory and I decided we needed to spend together. Just our family. It has been a LONG time since we have done anything fun together just the four of us, so the whole weekend was dedicated to having family time. It will be a long post, but I want to document it all. It started early on Thursday night. We bathed our kids, got them in their jammies, and headed out to visit what we hoped would be a hole for our house. But this is what we found...

A huge pile of rocks, window casings, window wells, and that wire stuff. Our kids didn't mind! Needless to say I had to re-bathe them when we got home!
Then, on Friday, we picked Rory up from work and headed to Fat Cats where we bowled. It was Kaemon's first time bowling and he LOVED it! He still talks about it all the time. He was pretty good for a two-year old, I guess he's a natural like his Daddy. Eli had fun playing with the balls and watching them come back up through the hole.

After bowling, we went to the Pizza Factory for dinner. It was yummy! Then we walked to the temple to walk around on the grounds and talk to Kaemon about Temples and Angel Moroni.

On Saturday we headed back to Ogden for the Arts Festival at the Union Station. They had tons of art displays, live bands, all the museums were free, and activities for kids. We had a blast and swore to make it a tradition.


Kaemon sporting the bird mask he made, the fan he painted, and the frisbee he colored on.

And, later, Rory sporting the bird mask. If only the picture had sound. I'm sure you would enjoy the wonderful bird noises he made.
Later that night, we put the kids to bed and watched a movie we rented. It was the perfect end to a perfect day-and weekend.

8 comments:

hoLLY said...

what a fun filled weekend!!! I love that pic of him standing on his high chair!!! too cute!

Aleese and Scott said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! I know how you feel with a skinny baby, Barrick is also below the fifth and I have tried EVERYTHING!!! I think some babies are just that way. One thing I did was put carnation instant breakfast in his whole milk, TONS of calories! Good luck hopefully you will see results.

Steph said...

You guys are so cute, looks like you had a ton of fun!! I need to post about our Red Robin night of fun, we need to hang out again soon, let's play Settlers this week or something!!

As for the fattening up, I haven't had to do anything (yet) but I know Breklyn has done this with Ivie & Zander so you could try it? She takes a sippy cup (one of those tall ones with a stopper in it) and fills it about a quarter full with V8 Fusion juice (to get veggies and fruits) and almost all of the rest of the way full with whole-fat plain yogurt (you can find big cartons of it by the yogurt, I think the brand is Mountain Dairy or Mountain Land) and then just a little bit of water on top.. You put the lid on and shake it up! Her kids LOVE it, I don't think it's very sweet though so if he doesn't like it you could try normal juice with whole fat yogurt, maybe that could help a little bit? Anywho, good luck! Let's play soon!

Kris said...

Hey Rori & Lori -

Lori-I went to Northridge High with Rory and we're having our 10-year reunion on July 18. Well, the only contact information we have for you, Rory, is this blog. So, will one of you please send me an e-mail with Rory's e-mail address so we can get the details out to you. It's going to be a blast! Can't wait to meet you, Lori. My email is thompsonkh at comcast dot net. Oh, and the reunion website is http://northridge99.blogspot.com/ Thanks!

Kristina

Nisa and Colby said...

Eli is so cute! He reminds of Corbin. Don't worry about the weight, Corbin is in the 3%! I can't seem to beef him up either. Eli's highchair incident made me laugh. I would have freaked out! I love how innocent his face his. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend. I love those weekends where you just get to play with your family.

kdance10 said...

Well it sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. We really need to plan a night out even if it's with all the kids maybe we could do a bbq here let me know if your game:)

Brook Parker said...

aw your kids are soo adorable!

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

My gosh you guys are super busy! I love family time with just the 3 of us! It is less chaotic and we can just go do whatever - fly by the seat of our pants!!!!

So....the pic of Eli standing on the high chair tray is way too familiar. Jake is doing this too and it drives me crazy. He will push his high chair over to the lazy boy or the couch so that he can climb on top. And just like Eli...when I yell his name...he laughs like crazy! Silly boys!!!!