
Sorry, this is the best picture I could find at the moment! Now, our kids will have two uncle Mike Mortensens! Weird, huh?
Last weekend my dad got these free VIP tickets to a hot air balloon festival on Antelope Island and invited me and the boys to come along with him and my mom. Remembering one that I had been to with Ror when we were dating, and thinking if I didn't go I would be sitting home all day entertaining the boys while Rory did homework, had me deciding right away that we would go. When we got there it was nothing like we expected. There wasn't much of anything there....let alone hot air balloons. Realizing we had come at a bad time we walked around for a bit, all the while my dad muttering under his breath and saying things like, "Gad...."
We didn't want to make it a whole wasted trip, so we visited the historic part of the Island, which was pretty interesting.
I tried to get a picture with both the boys and I but Eli would not cooperate. He was a crazy mad man the whole trip. He was seriously all over the place, thankfully I had my dad there, he just followed him around the whole time and carried him on his shoulders.
Kaemon was very interested.... in the rocks at Antelope Island. Walking with rocks can prove to be difficult. No worries, just use your shirt. He found all sorts of lovelies that made their way back to my car and were obsessed over for days.
And these are my favorite photos of the day: a stolen portrait of my beautiful mom. (don't be mad!) And my cute little GQ model.
On Labor Day my brother Rob and his wife Kari hosted a BBQ at their home. It was so fun!
Rob spent most of the time giving the kids all rides in his wheel barrow.

Cute little kids! I love the picture of Rylund, he is such a sweet little boy!
The mother-to-be, Kari, making all other girls who have ever been pregnant look bad. She's like 20 weeks here and is barely even showing!
Stealing kisses :)

According to Eli, bubbles make the world go 'round. They are his favorite! Even as I type this he is begging me to blow them.
Anxiously waiting for daddy to blow some bubbles.

Speaking of backpacks, Kaemon started preschool! He has been 3 times and loves his teacher, Miss Monique. If anyone lives in the Clinton area, I totally recommend her. She has taught all of my nieces and nephews, she is so good at what she does and kids just love her.
Kaemon and Jackson leaving for preschool orientation. Kaemon is short, but he looks so small in this picture because he is leaning on the chair. What cheeseballs.
PARENTING 101
1. Have your child up and dressed by 8:00 am.
2. When it's naptime and they say, "I have to work on my art project first!" don't assume that the art project is coloring neatly in designated areas.
3. Don't leave your child unsupervised, even if you're busily packing.
Warning, if these instructions are not followed carefully, you may have this on your hands....
You were planning on re-painting after we move out anyway, right dad?

6 comments:
I don't think it's weird that your boys will have two uncle Mike Mortensons, considering their parents names.
That picture of Kaemon is probably the funniest picture I have EVER seen!!!!!!!
That is pretty funny that there are two Mike Mortensons. The pictures are gorgeous of the kids...You are very talented!
That last picture looks a little too familiar:) Hey i was going to ask you if you take other peoples pictures and how much you charge?
That is so funny! I love that he was asleep when you caught him.
LOVED ALL THE PICTURES. ESPICALLY THE ONE OF THE CUSTOM WALL ART. YOU FORGOT TO ADD THE WALL ART IN THE HALL. THANK HEAVENS FOR MAGIC ERASERS. BUT I THINK THAT I WILL KEEP IT THERE FOR A WHILE WHEN I AM MISSING YOU GUYS. SURE YOU WANT TO MOVE??????????????????????????????????
Sorry mom....tried the magic eraser...no such luck. I will paint when we move.
Post a Comment