I haven't updated this blog in so long I almost forgot how to do it. Last week was kind of crazy. Wednesday morning I had some work to do on the computer so I kind of just let Kaemon and Eli do their own thing for a while. I heard them in their room playing and laughing and I just assumed they were creating their usual mayhem-pulling shoes off the shelf, jumping off the bed, etc. When I finally walked in to check on them I found them sitting on the floor amidst a pile of glass shards. They had taken their little Christmas tree off their dresser and were banging the cute little sports ornaments together until they shattered. I was so mad at them. They have been doing things like this for some time now. I used to think having a toddler was the hardest thing ever, until I got two of them. They feed off eachother and make me a nervous wreck in a new house. After that, I drove to Ogden for a play group which was really fun! Then to Layton to drop my kids off. Then to Ogden to take pictures of the cute Smith fam. Then, realized I forgot a disc I was supposed to drop off to my friends so I raced back to Hooper, got the disc and my dog (I'll tell ya more about her later) and drove back to Ogden so I could catch my friend Kyle before he left. He was going to leave at 5:00, I pulled up at 4:55. So then I went to Layton to get my kids and as I was driving something hit me like a ton of bricks. It became hard to turn the steering wheel, my body was aching so bad along with sharp jolts of pain in all of my joints, even my jaw. So I went to get the boys and Cheryl (my mom in law) was trying to get me to just go home and rest and leave the kids with her, or else go take a nap in her spare bed. All I wanted was to be home and I wanted to boys with me. As I was preparing to leave, Kaemon and Eli decided to throw parts of a toy train at Cheryl's cute Hawaiian-themed Christmas tree. One of them has really good aim because a glass ornament filled with sand and sea shells burst open. Finally, feeling like I might pass out, I was able to clean up the destruction they created there and head home. By this time, I had driven from Hooper-Ogden, Ogden-Layton, Layton-Ogden, Ogden-Hooper, Hooper-Ogden, Ogden-Layton. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. Not that I had to drive all these places because all the stuff I did was fun, but just because my body was in so much pain and Rory had a full schedule for the night and the next whole day. Do you ever feel like you never cry? Sometimes I try to make myself cry just so I know I still can. Well, that night I found out that I definitely can still cry. In all my attempts to blast "Frosty the Snowman" and stifle my sobs, out of the back came the sweetest little voice:
"Are you ok mommy?"
"yes."
"Then why are you crying?"
"I am sick, I have owies in my body."
"Oh, you're sick? What will make you feel better?"
"Talking to you"
"Talk to me then!"
"When we get home will you snuggle with me?"
"Will that make you feel better?"
"yes."
"Then yes I will nuggle you and I will give you a big kiss and a wuv."
"Thanks buddy, I'm feeling better already."
Two minutes later I tilted my rearview mirror and saw two sleeping boys and ya know what? I did feel better. Definitely not physically, but I felt so grateful. The tears changed to happy tears.
I went to the doctor the next day and found that I had two really bad infections-I have never felt so sick in my life! I am so thankul to be feeling 100% better now and I am thankful for my family who helped me out so much!
I love these sweet boys so much!


Below is a picture of Kaemon with Maya. Shortly after Ror and I bought our condo we got a little puppy. She kind of healed my sadness over not being pregnant. Unfortunately, we were unaware that dogs were not allowed in our condo. We thought that since we owned it, and that since our bottom neighbors had a cat infestation that all pets were allowed. It was a huge ordeal at the time and we fought it until we finally decided that we were just going to move and rent out our condo. Then....I found out I was pregnant and we decided we better just stay. So Rory's parents were kind enough to offer Maya a home and that is where she has been for the last 3 1/2 years. Now we are really happy to have her back!

Sorry I haven't really posted any pictures of the new house, we are loving it. We love our new ward, our neighbors, and everything about having a house! It's still a work in progress but it didn't take long to feel like home! Here's Kaemon and Jackson eating lunch on the table. They are so funny.
HALLOWEENI know it happened a long time ago, but I want to post pictures anyway.This was before Kaemon and Jackson's Preschool Halloween party. Elijah decided he needed to be in the picture as well.
Rory & Kaemon chillin at the Marketstar Halloween bash. We didn't win anything cool this year like the Wii we won last time.

On the way home, Kaemon was being really quiet in the back while we talked up front. When we got home and took him out of his carseat we found out why.

Trick or treating was a ton of fun this year!




Batman and Spiderman striking some super hero poses.

Oh look, Eli got a hold my my horns. Ya right, I am sure Rory had something to do with this!
Kaemon was so tired that he went and curled up to aunt Kari and they both fell asleep! She is going to be such a good mom!
Eli with aunt Becky
We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We ate with my family and it was so nice to see everyone who went! I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures. After we ate we went to Rory's parents' and played games until early morning. My face hurt from laughing so hard. It was SO FUN!
This is proof that our Christmas tree was standing-even if it was only for one day. Now it has about 1/3 less ornaments and is leaning against the wall. 
6 comments:
Lori! Thanks for bringing us our disk even when you didn't feel good, and even though it didn't work! I love you! And think you are so sweet! i am sorry that you were so sick, I should have been more considerate! Thanks again! You're great! :)
So good to hear from you Lori. That's awesome you're in your new house! It sounds like your boys are keeping you busy. Mine too. But my second's not a toddler yet. You're such a good mom. I'll have to learn from you. Hope things settle down every now and then so you can have some periodic R&R.
Wow, I thought you gave up blogging! Love the pictures, glad you're feeling better! Make sure you post picture of K and E on santas lap.. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
Hooray, I've been waiting for you to update. I laughed out loud about your Christmas tree status from day 1 to present. Somehow the boys have left ours alone, but most of the ornaments were crushed in the move so I guess I couldn't justify freaking out if they broke a few more. That's hilarious, too, about them crashing their ornaments together. This'll make for a memorable Christmas for you (I've been trying to laugh at the things they do that make me the maddest lately, can ya' tell?). I'm glad you're in your new house and loving it, and I hope your infection goes away, poor thing, that had to have been scary. Cute Kaemon, though. From Cami's comment it sounds like your Santa pic turned out as good as ours ;). Oh, can you send me your address? erindixon520@gmail.com
Great post. That batman costume is awesome!
josh
I can't believe your blog is up to date. I thought you were done:) I feel your pain with craziness with 2 boys. You saw me the other night with my crazy kids:) Sounds like you guys are doing good and loving your house. I'm glad you got your dog back home!
Post a Comment