Rory with his parents. Cheryl was so proud of him. Rory is the first person in his family to graduate from college, Cheryl was in tears! So cute!
Ror & me
The boys with their daddy
The next day we were at Rory's parents' house and Cheryl picked up the paper and saw that the front page was an article about Rory's graduation so she said, "Here, you should keep this for Rory." As I took it from her, I looked at it and realized that Rory was right there in the picture! It was so funny! Rory hates this picture so bad and he has been teased a lot this week. 
President Monson was the main speaker and it was SO AWESOME! He received an honorary doctorate degree in humanities. His speach was awesome!
The day after Rory's graduation I had a shower to go to so Rory went shopping with his dad for his graduation present and this is what he got...
The new love of Rory's life. We have already grilled 3 times! I am not feeling too left out...we splurged a little more and got this...
We payed a little extra to have our builders wire for a light above the island and I have been looking since before our house was built. When we went to pick Rory's grill up, I saw this and fell in love with it!
Anyway, a day that at times seemed like it would never come has passed and I am so happy. I always thought he would be looking for a job right after graduation, but he was lucky enough to get offered an accounting job in his company. He loves it so much!
Looking back over the years, I really feel blessed and I truly feel like the Lord was watching out for us. At times I didn't understand certain situations, but in the long run I can see that things worked out for the best and that if things hadn't happened the way they had back then, we would not be where we are today. I am so thankful for prayer and a husband who keeps me grounded and positive even in hard situations.

3 comments:
Yay for Rory ( and for Lori for going through all this too!)
You guys are so awesome! I m so glad we re friends!
Lori, That is so exciting about Rory's graduation, and I love the light! So pretty. Good choice.
Yea Rory! Congrats!
Post a Comment