CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Ror



I've seen a lot of people do this lately, and since I have been feeling so grateful for Rory I decided I would do it as well. He will not be happy when he sees this. I want to list some of the reasons why I love Rory.




  • He is so humble. I always find out through other people when he does something really amazing either at work, or other places. He never brags about himself like most people do. Even if he does do something great, he always thinks he could have done better.

  • He loves kids. Not just our own, he just loves kids. When we are at my parents' house all the adults will be sitting there talking, but never Rory-he is with all the kids playing games with them. They all love him, especially Jaycee who once called and threatened me to stay away from him because he is hers. :)

  • He's a hard worker. I know maybe I shouldn't share this...but I will. When we were almost engaged someone in my ward came up to me and told me I should not marry Rory because she had heard that he had no ambition and that he plays video games a lot. Well, let's just say I put her in her place. Ever since then Rory has proven me to be true to what I told that ward gossip and has even exceeded my expectations. He works full time, goes to school full time, and still finds time to spend with his family. He has a Wii, Xbox, and I can't even remember the last time he played them! That stupid Wii just sits there, it's only been played a couple times! Good thing it was free.
  • He's very smart. I've always had this theory about people being dominantly smarter in one area, left-brain/right brain sort of thing. But it seems like Rory is smart about everything! He is good at math, english...everything.
  • He's athletic. He's pretty much good at every sport. I just hope our kids get this from him and not my akwardness.
  • He treats me like a princess. The man who married us asked him at our wedding what women were made for. Rory answered, "To be a help-meat?" and the sealer said, "No, to be spoiled." Rory has held true to that advice! He is always so nice to me, even when I am not very nice to him. He has never once yelled or raised his voice at me.
  • He's a good Dad. No matter what Rory has going on, he always makes time for our family. He has only missed one of my prenatal doctor visits with this pregnancy and I think he went to every single one of Kaemon's. He has been to all except one of Kaemon's well-baby check-ups and felt bad that he couldn't make it to the last one. Even when he has a ton of homework, he will always stop to get Kaemon ready for bed, or just spend a little time with him. He loves being a dad and is really good at it. He also reads with me every Saturday, "Your Pregnancy Week by Week." (He's gonna be so mad I wrote that)
  • He takes the moral high ground. He rarely talks bad about anyone. And when I do it, (Let's just say it's something I need to work on) he always makes me see their point of view and sometimes I get mad that he is taking their side, but deep down I love this about him. He is such a good person, and he doesn't do it for show. And I can honestly say I have never heard a swear word come out of his mouth. I wish he could say the same about me...
  • I just love him-everything about him. I am so thankful to have him. All growing up I dreamed about my future husband and I never thought it would be this great. The more I get to know him the more I grow to love him. THANKS ROR FOR ALL YOU DO! (and please don't be mad about this!)

11 comments:

Becky said...

Aw, that is so sweet! We really need to get together, we miss you guys!

The Obergs said...

There's no way he'll be mad about this, it's sweet. Ok, I am having a hard time believing that he's never sworn, I mean seriously, is that even possible?? Especially for a guy? If this is the case then kudos to you Rory. Also, what's with the free wii and where do I get one?

The Sayamas said...

Crystal- I am sure he has sworn just never around me and probably not since we have been together. Rory won the Wii at a company party.

Karly said...

Sounds like Rory is still as awesome as ever. The two of you seem perfect for eachother which makes me very happy.

Rory was one of my first friends in Layton and was always the nicest guy. I was a terrible friend in my teenage awkwardness and he always seemed to stick around. Thanks dude and sorry for my jerkishness...you are a great friend.

PS: dust off your wii and go buy mario kart - i will defeat you!

micah folsom photography said...

ahh i love this! Sounds like you and your hubby have a wonderful relationship!

Cami said...

Rory is an awesome guy. Landon loves when Rory goes downstairs at moms to play.. I always said he'd make a good dad! He is about one of the only adults I know that can sit and play a kids game over and over again without getting bored..

Jenni said...

Three cheers for Rory!!!

katherine purser said...

You two are perfect for each other! You're both so awesome! We love having you guys as friends :) I'm so excited for you to have your baby! Kaemon is so adorable, I know this one will be too!

susanbrud said...

Loved what you said. YOu and Rori are still like you are newlyweds.
I am glad that you found such a great man to love you and take care of you. I love Rory for being such a good provider, husband and father. He is also a wonderful son-in-law. I laugh at the way he can put you in your place in a nice way. Like when you wanted to sell your condo. there have been several times he has brought a smile to me. YOu are so lucky. I also love his family. Cheryl and Junior and his sisters are all so nice. You married into a wonderful family. Thank you Rory for just being the man that you are. Also thanks for the incredibly adorable grandchildren....Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!! jk love you guys!

Nyree said...

I agree.. you do have a great guy! I have known Rory since first grade-(I think!) and we were friends all through school. He has always been just the coolest guy! he also makes a cute kid! :) Tell him Nyree says Hi!

The Sayamas said...

Thanks hon. And thanks everyone. Lori has never heard me swear because she won't go golfing with me.