It's been a while since I have posted anything so I decided to just do a bunch of slideshows. We've had a very busy and fun week. But the most exciting thing that happened this week was last week at Rory's cousin's baby's blessing. (whoa..) I was sitting there listening to someone bear their testimony and I heard a baby fussing, I looked around but could not see any other baby besides Eli, who was being held by my sister-in-law Kiesha. I was like, "Is that Eli?" and she excitedly nodded yes. Ever since that day his voice has progressively gotten clearer and louder. He has also had no problems nursing, breathing, etc. Rory and I were talking about how at the fireworks on the 4th I had Eli in his carseat at my feet and my mom said, "Lori look at Eli!" I looked down to find that he was really upset and turning blue. who knows how long he had been crying and no one knew. Then, this last Saturday (just one week later) we went to some fireworks, and he was crying so I was bouncing him to calm him down and I looked at the people next to us and they were annoyed that he was so loud! I just wanted to scream it out loud how amazing it was! I know that I may have seemed a bit dramatic about the whole thing but to learn that your little baby has a good chance of having a brain tumor can kinda do that to you. There were so many people who offered words of comfort and prayers for Eli. I've learned of many family members and friends who put his name on the prayer roll at various temples, and about little kids even praying for him. Thank you so much everyone! My testimony of prayer and Priesthood has grown tremendously over the past few weeks!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Elijah
It's been a while since I have posted anything so I decided to just do a bunch of slideshows. We've had a very busy and fun week. But the most exciting thing that happened this week was last week at Rory's cousin's baby's blessing. (whoa..) I was sitting there listening to someone bear their testimony and I heard a baby fussing, I looked around but could not see any other baby besides Eli, who was being held by my sister-in-law Kiesha. I was like, "Is that Eli?" and she excitedly nodded yes. Ever since that day his voice has progressively gotten clearer and louder. He has also had no problems nursing, breathing, etc. Rory and I were talking about how at the fireworks on the 4th I had Eli in his carseat at my feet and my mom said, "Lori look at Eli!" I looked down to find that he was really upset and turning blue. who knows how long he had been crying and no one knew. Then, this last Saturday (just one week later) we went to some fireworks, and he was crying so I was bouncing him to calm him down and I looked at the people next to us and they were annoyed that he was so loud! I just wanted to scream it out loud how amazing it was! I know that I may have seemed a bit dramatic about the whole thing but to learn that your little baby has a good chance of having a brain tumor can kinda do that to you. There were so many people who offered words of comfort and prayers for Eli. I've learned of many family members and friends who put his name on the prayer roll at various temples, and about little kids even praying for him. Thank you so much everyone! My testimony of prayer and Priesthood has grown tremendously over the past few weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That is so great to hear he is doing better! We were all so worried about him! You really are such a good mom!
Yay, I am so glad that your baby is crying! ;)
I'm SO happy to hear that! I hope it just keeps getting better!
You guys have been in my thoughts ands prayers a lot lately and Im happy everything is going good! I ran into Kenna at Surf n Swim and she gave me more details and I told her to tell you hi! I love that pic.
I know I already told you, but I really am so happy to hear that Eli is crying. There is nothing worse in the world than fearing for your child, not only for his health and safety, but for the life he will live. I am elated to know your family has been blessed with an answer to your prayers, and especially with a perfect child. Your boys are beautiful. Love and cherish them forever!
Post a Comment