Elijah is such a special little guy. He is so patient, sweet spirited, and lovable. It's hard to believe that just one year ago, I was in the hospital with him, crying my guts out because he was in the NICU and I was so worried about him. It's crazy to think about all we have been through with him and now he is so healthy and happy. He has been such a blessing to our family. I remember it was a few days before Kaemon turned one that we found out we were expecting again, and we were shocked, but very excited and happy. I couldn't have imagined then how amazing it would be to have another child and how much he would add to our little family. We are so thankful for him!
He is becoming quite the little character! He hardly ever gets mad but there have been a few times that he throws little tantrums, and it's so funny how he throws himself on the floor and lets it be made known that he is not happy. Then he just gets over it really fast. He is starting to say a lot of words now, including: Ma Ma, Da da, Bah paw (grandpa), ball, dat (that), ba (ballon) wadat (what's that), and more. He loves anything electrical and his favorite thing to do is find electrical outlets and try to unplug and re-plug the cords (scary!!) He is such a little busy body and always wants to be doing something. He loves music and loves to sing and be sung to. He gives loves, and thinks it's hilarious when I chase him up the stairs. It scares me that he now can go down them by himself! If he ever gets sad all we have to do is sing the Jaws song, "Da da....da da.. da da da da da da.." and he giggles up a storm. He isn't quite walking, but he's very close! He can take about 5 steps at a time, but is just content to crawl around.
We decided to have a party to celebrate and it was a blast! Since he loves balls we had a sports theme and a lot of people wore jerseys. We played games, gave out trophies and medals, and each child brought home their own ball. It was such a fun day and we are so thankful for our family and friends who came, thanks so much!
He didn't know what to think when everyone sang to him.
He loved eating his cake!
Kaemon was a little jealous of all the toys Eli got and still thinks most of them are his. I have to remind him that Eli is being nice to let him play with them so he better be nice back or he doesn't get to play with them at all.
Eli and his cousin Jake in their Jazz jerseys! This was the best picture they could get of the two wriggly one year olds.

10 comments:
Landon hasn't stopped talking about Eli's party! Dawson can't wait to get back to break something else!
You guys always have cute parties for your kids.
I think you should have posted that picture the nurse took for you of Eli and you bawling your guts out! :)
oh Lori, I haven't decided which one, but Eli looks just like a Bruderer! You're so creative with these one year old birthday parties. It looked like he had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed himself (and that cake!)
WOW!! I can't believe he is 1 already! I swear you blink and they are grown up! kills me! He is so cute, I think he looks just like you!
Oh how fun! Eli looks like he had a great birthday with yummy cake and lots of fun presents.
Looks like a fun party! Happy Birthday Eli!
I LOVE that picture of Eli in the sink, what a cutie!! It was so funny watching him eat his cake, the party was so fun, thanks for having us!! He definitely is a little Bruderer, what a stud!
That really was a blast for everybody! Thank you for inviting us!!! You were so good organizing everything!
We ll let you know about the picture thing when we figure out who would do it! ^_^
Awww, happy birthday little guy! Looks like such a fun party. My 2nd is 1 next month! I can't believe how fast these kids grow! Congrats on building your house, I can't wait to see pics!
Wow, I can't believe your youngest is 1 already! Times a'flyin.
I can't believe he's 1 already! That pic of him in the sink is hilarious!
Post a Comment