CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Doorstep Letter

A few days ago, late in the evening, I received an envelope on my doorstep. It had written on it, "Lori Bruderer 2003" in girly, decorated handwriting. Upon further examination, I realized it was my old handwriting and that I was supposed to open it in 2003, when I turned 18. So I opened it up, and it said the following:

~Dear Lori,

I want a husband who has an education and is an active member of the church.

I want someone who loves kids like me and shows respect.

I want him to know exactly what he wants to do for a living.

I want someone who has served a full mission.

I want him to have humor, honesty, and kindness.

I want him to be gentle and non-judgemental.

I hope he will treat me well.~

I don't have any idea who put the letter there, or when I even wrote it. I am guessing I wrote it when I was 12. I just thought it was funny that I had such simple requests and that what I have received from Rory is that and so much more. This weekend we were in the car and he had me laughing as usual and I said, "I don't know about you, but I am so happy I am married to someone I love hanging out with!"

7 comments:

kdance10 said...

That's so neat. I'm pretty sure i have one of those letters floating around somewhere, i remember writing one but who knows were it ended up. That makes you think who would still have it and who dropped it off. Anyways that's neat cause you got what you wanted:)

Brook Parker said...

aw how sweet. I'm happy for you that you got everything you dreamed of <3

Dustin and Kellie said...

I think that is so awesome! I think that is what life is all about, finding someone who you love hanging out with! I love it!

Also, your blog is sooooo cute! I love the pics of your boys.. I really need you to take pics of my kiddies! You're SO GOOD!

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

Sounds like 2003 your senior seminary class. Only your seminary teacher would be able to track you down 6 years later and give that to you.

The DeGiulio's said...

That is too funny it randomly showed up on your doorstep. Thats really cool you have it though. I remember in high school my friend and I wrote ourselves a letter as far as our wedding colors, date, whom we would married etc. pretty funny to look at it.

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

That is cool! I remember writing things like that in Young Women's and sealing them in envelopes (to be opened at later times), but I am sad that I have no idea where any of mine went. It would be interesting to find them and read them.

Unknown said...

That is awesome I reamember writing on of those forever ago but I have no clue where its at :) YOur family is gorgeous and you are a great photographer!