CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Not Again!!! :(

Shortly after we were married, Rory decided he was going to go play church ball one night. I don't really remember why...but for some reason I REALLY didn't want him to go that night. I begged him to stay, but he decided that he really needed the exercise and much to my dismay he went anyway. He was only gone for a short time when he returned to our apartment with a knee swollen twice its original size. He went to the doctor, who told him it was fine and that he just needed to take some anti-inflammitories for a while.

Over a year went by with his knee only slightly holding him back. He still played basketball, softball, and everything else, but he would occasionally "tweak" it and it would swell up for a while. Finally, he went to a specialist who did an X-ray and told him he had no acl and that he had torn his meniscus. So.....he had to have an extensive surgery to correct it. By this time, we now had a three month old baby and I had no clue what was coming to me.
I had no clue that I would be taking care of TWO babies! Rory's surgery went really well, but we learned that he doesn't do too well on pain medicine. While he was having surgery my parents came to the hospital to keep me company and help me with Kaemon. They finally let us go back to the recovery room and Rory started to wake up. First, he started saying all sorts of random things about his weight, the catheter, and then he asked me if I still had the hickey he gave me....IN FRONT OF MY PARENTS!! Which may not seem that bad since we are married and have a baby, but I am a pretty private person when it comes to that sort of information and I was completely mortified. The worst part is that my mom couldn't understand him and said, "What did he ask you?" I quickly responded with some made up answer and Rory yelled, "NO! I said do you still have that hickey I gave you?!!" Mind you, this is a large room full of patients coming out of anesthesia and their families. I about died. (It might seem weird that I am now sharing it on my blog, but since it is pretty mucha family joke now I really don't care).

I thought it would get better once we got home, but we found out that Rory not only goes crazy on anesthesia, but pain killers as well. I think this picture says it all. I had to do everything for him, and sleep in a bed with this bad boy straightening and bending his knee all night.

I laugh so hard every time I look at Rory in this picture!

As for Rory's knee, it has been holding up quite nicely. The other one, however, has not been so lucky. A couple weeks ago, Eli has some sort of asthma attack and I had a guy coming with a nebulizer and I was totally freaked out and had just worked my first day of work and what does Rory decide it's a perfect night for?! Playing some good ol' church ball! I asked him not to go....but he said he really needed the exercise. Surgery is scheduled for next Thursday. Wish me luck.

11 comments:

Steph said...

Oh husbands.. Totally sounds like something Sky would do :) Good luck with the surgery!! Sky's still holding out for getting both his knees straightened.. Maybe when we're done having kids hehe

Amy said...

Maybe Rory should stay away from church ball. Can I be there when he wakes up? I want to hear what he has to say.

Cami said...

hahahahahahaha!!!!!! I laughed so hard when I saw that picture!!! I'm a little excited to see Rory after he is on his meds again.

Good luck to you.. and to Rory!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, reminds me of when I was in the hospital about to have Shiloh and my MIL showed me her nipple. Oh wait, except I was the one on medication. Lucky I was or I may have handled it differently. The other time was at our reception in AZ (after the wedding) and my MIL asked how I was doing since her son is such a "big boy" and all. Yeah, wanted to die.

The only thing I can relate to is when LeRand is sick and thus helpless. It's the worst! Good luck with knee #2! Wow, I can't imagine. I hope you both recover well from it, and that you get a major compensation. They just don't listen sometimes, and you'd think they'd learn but somehow they just don't. I think the forgive 70 times 7 was meant mostly for wives.

I'll be thinking of you and your three babies ;)!

Melanie said...

LOL! I Love that story! I would have been super embarrassed too and that is just something Lee would do! Good luck! We need to get together again soon!

The Obergs said...

oh Lori! What a bummer! I'm so sorry for Rory AND you. I hope the surgery and the recovery go well. Let me know if I can watch your boys for you.

Dustin and Kellie said...

Oh my goodness! That is insane!

micah folsom photography said...

That is horrible!! Good luck with surgery! We use an all natural alternative to pain meds that we love. My MIL just had 8 teeth pulled and the dentist thought she'd use all her pain killers plus need to refill it.... but all she took was one pull right after and then used the pain chips from there on out and felt great. Email me if its something you think would help rory! micahandjd@hotmail.com. good luck!

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

hahahahah good old Rory. Poor Lori. Good luck with everything. You ll definitly need my massage;)

hoLLY said...

oh dear Lor Im so sorry! pplease let me know if i can help you!!! seriously! good luck to all of you!!

Anonymous said...

oh boy... i think josh can totally relate to the funny things that are said when coming off anastisia and being on pain pills. when he tells me things i have said all i can do is laugh because i can't take it back now.

josh and pain meds is not a good thing! sometime ask him about the time he took a loratab for his back while elders quarm pres. while conducting one sunday. there are guys that still bring up that day and won't let him forget!

goodluck with the surgery and we will pray for a quick recovery for your sanity sake!