CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The CRAZY Month of May

I apologize that all of my posts are mega-sized. I know that if I blogged more that they would be smaller, but I have been SO busy! I really will try to do it more often so that they are not so long! I am sure most people will not read all of this anyway, but here it is- another huge post! (With some weird font issues!-sorry!)

The first half of May flew by so extremely fast that I don't even remember it. Then, in mid-May I started a new job being a "Lagoon Mom". Lagoon has schools from all over come for field trips but since their usual employees are still in school, they hire some older people to come work for these field trips and I get to work in the gift shops. I know it may surprise you, but this is very coveted work. They had to turn so many people away this year and when I started I got a lot of questions as to how I got in (since it was my first year). I didn't know how it would be leaving my kids and working-it's been so long! I have actually really enjoyed it and have had a pretty fun time. The best part is that they are giving me 5 season passes, on top of paying me, so it will be fun so go there a lot this summer! If you're ever going to Lagoon and want someone to go with, give us a call! :)
On the 20th Kassie and Mike got married! Such a beautiful day! Last year, Mike's mom passed away. It was so neat to be at their wedding ceremony and know that she was there, and also it was such a nice reminder, I think to all of us, that families are forever. Now Mike and Kassie have started their forever family and we are so happy for them. Mike is such an awesome guy, you can't meet him and not love him. He's so fun to be around and he comes from such a nice family. The best thing about him is that he treats Kassie like a princess and they are so happy together! It's kind of funny....we haven't even seen them since they have been married!
Kassie is definitely one of the prettiest brides I have ever seen!




Unfortunately, I did not get many pictures of the reception. Rory packed up my camera and put it in our car, but not before posing for a few pictures.

Rory did a lot of grilling in the month of May. It was so nice, especially on days that I worked. One of us would just stop at the store, buy some meat and tons of veggies and grill them up. Having the grill has been amazing and Rory is always inviting people over for dinner. (sometimes without even mentioning it to me, haha). We love it so much and we are so thankful for Rory's parents for helping us buy it, so we invited them over along with Kiesha, her boyfriend Justin, and a family friend Julie. Rory made chicken wrapped in bacon kabobs, and zucchini, mushroom, and squash kabobs. SO good!
Kiesha is so sweet, she brought the boys each their own balloon that was their favorite color.
On the Friday before Memorial Day we had Cecily, Jaycee, Rylund, and Jackson sleep over. Here is what we did:
http://cecilyandjaycee.blogspot.com
On the Saturday before Memorial Day, we headed to the Discovery Gateway in Salt Lake. We were having a great time, I was getting lots of cute pictures with my little camera but I decided to slip it into the open pocket on my purse-bad idea! The next time I reached in to grab it-it was gone. It was so crowded and I know that someone easily reached in and stole it. I am still mourning the loss of the pictures I had on that camera and completely mad that someone else is looking at my personal pictures. Anyway, that pretty much ruined my time at the DG, so we left and went shopping to make me feel better. For the boys I got-4 pairs of shorts, and 4 shirts, for me-a zip up hoodie, a black pencil skirt, and a shirt all for $100. That was enough to cheer me up! (It's been a long time since I have gone shopping for clothes!). Then we went to the Mayan for dinner-which was surprisingly REALLY tasty! Usually when we go there I think I am compromising taste for atmosphere, but I think we hit bank with both this time. They recently changed it up and those changes were definitely a good thing.

On Memorial Day we went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to this beautiful park area. It was great to spend time with family!


Kaemon found a nice big tree stump that was perfect for climbing and jumping off..

and Eli found a sweet comfy great-grandma to hand sticks and garbage to, and then climb up on and fall asleep.


Well, that is May in a nutshell. I am excited that it is starting to warm up and I am excited to see how this summer goes!

5 comments:

hoLLY said...

wow you guys have been busy
!!! how fun! Rory is cracking me up in those wed pics!i miss you at moms group!

Adam, Annie, Josan and Calvin said...

That IS a long post! But I was super excited when I saw you updated your blog so OF COURSE I read the whole thing! You re so amzing for being able to do so so many things Lori! Kassie s wedding looks so good. Seriously! She was GORGEOUS!!! And then I laughed big time at the teeth.. I m sure you know what I talking about;)
And Rory....oh poor Rory....Is there something wrong with him? Just kidding. I was glad to see that my husband s not the only one to look...different sometimes;)
Wow...long post, long comment I guess huh!
We need to hang out soon! I texted you last night...let me know when you want to do something!

Cami said...

Yeah, what is Rory doing? "I'm gonna pose right here by the AC, that'll look nice!"

Love the picture of Kaemon with the potato bug, and of him jumping of the log. That was fun yesterday!

Camille said...

You have such CUTE kids!!! I loved the long post and all the pics. Rory's pics were cracking me up . . . I think that he and Jared would get along perfectly! :) I hope that you are doing well. We need to hang out sometime!

Brook Parker said...

Looks like you had a really fun month of May :) Your job at Lagoon sounds fun, and I'm jealous you guys get season passes! There isn't anything like that here in Okinawa.. I miss Lagoon! Your boys are seriously so cute, and they just get cuter with each picture you post!