CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

San Jorge

This is Rory. I think it's great to hear from all of our friends that we don't get to see or talk to very often. I read all of the comments, even though I usually don't reply.


We went down to St. George last weekend with Lori's family and had a great time. We took a lot of pictures for everyone to enjoy.



I snapped this picture of Lori's sister, Amy, just as she turned around. As you can see, she's very photogenic. Haha. Just kidding. We ate at a new pizza place called A Slice of Tuscany and it was delicious. They make their pizza sauce from scratch. Mmm...




The guys and Becky (Lori's little sister) went hiking up at Zion National Park on Saturday. We went on a hike called Emerald Pools, which happens to be the same hike Lori and I did almost 4 years ago when I proposed. This is the rock that I proposed on. I don't think I've ever been more nervous, other than our actual wedding day. The funny thing is, this rock is only about 10 minutes (if that) into the hike. We never made it to the top, which is beautiful. I'll let Lori explain why.


Hot mama. One evening we went over to a local elementary school to play. They had some low hoops that even pregnant Lori could dunk on...well...almost.




On Sunday we climbed around on the rocks by the "Dixie" above the north side of St. George. Kaemon had a great time. The third picture is Kaemon with Grandpa Craig.



We drove Craig's car down and on the last day we decided to go eat at Olive Garden before the long drive home. As I was pulling into the parking lot, I noticed a truck coming the other direction, so I took the corner a little too sharp. I knocked over a rock and put a huge dent in the passenger side door. It wasn't the ideal ending to an overall great trip.



"I pooped an egg!"

7 comments:

Cami said...

Looks as though Amy and Jim are a match made in heaven. Both of them are extremely photogenic.

The Obergs said...

Hi Rory, it was nice to hear from you. I love good ol' St. George, it looks like the weather was nice. Oh how I would love to see the sun...

Emerald Pools is nice, but if you wanted to really impress Lori you should have climbed Angel's Landing. Nothing says love like a 1,000 foot drop on both sides of the tiny spine that you're standing on.

Nice driving. I guess you can't try to recoup your money from the boulder...

P.S. Lori, you look so cute in that picture on your sidebar. You are a good lookin pregnant girl.

Karly said...

Looks like a fun trip. You should have strapped the boulder to the top of the car and kept it as a souvenier.

Bean said...

Yes Dude! Except I would say San Jorge not Santo but oh well. That looks like a good time man! I am glad to see you training your boy to love basketball and D-Will! I love you man! When I was in Sea World I was reminisin of the good old days! Maybe I will see you one day

Bean said...

P.S. That picture of you layin on the rock, al lI can say is wow dude. WOW!

The Sayamas said...

Gracias Senor Bean! I knew Santo Jorge didn't sound right. Thanks. As for the picture on the rock, Lori didn't go on the hike so she asked me to take a lot of pictures. We decided it would be funny to take some in lame poses. We got creative. None of them were meant to be posted.

katherine purser said...

I love St. George! The warm sun would sure be nice right now...That boulder story is hilarious! Great pics, Kaemon is so handsome!