CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Sweet Little Boys


I never thought (after marrying Rory anyway) that I would have kids with light coloring. Eli has blondish/brownish/reddish hair and we think he has blue eyes. He has such a sweet little personality and smiles all the time. It's hard to catch the smiles on camera but this second picture is the end of one, you can kind of tell.


Here's Kaemon messing up his toys I just cleaned up. Why are toys so much more appealing right after they have been cleaned up? My sister-in-laws always take the cutest pictures of Kaemon but he will not let me take his picture. He will be doing the funniest things and be smiling a ton but as soon as he sees the camera he gets so mad, he will even hit the camera away! I don't know how they do it but it is so frustrating, he looks mad in every picture I take of him.

After church yesterday Kaemon was extremely tired. He kept saying, "I want Einstein". So Rory put both kids on the couch and turned on Baby Einstein. I was in the kitchen cooking and Rory was in our bedroom and I peeked in and saw this. I thought it was the sweetest thing! Rory hurried and got a picture of it. Kaemon has been doing so well the past few days with Eli. He has been so sweet to him and has not hit or scratched him. I didn't know how to handle it when he did that so I just started not saying anything, I would just take him by the hand and put him in his room for a few minutes. He hated it! He would sit and scream by the door and then it gave me a few minutes to calm down so I wasn't yelling at him in anger, (he actually drew blood one time). Then I would go get him out and make him apologize to Eli. I would not even give him any attention for it because I know that is what he wanted. I also stopped making a big deal out of it when he was nice to him. It only took a few times of doing that and he has not been aggressive since! I just hope I'm handling it the right way and I hope they will be good friends.


8 comments:

Becky said...

That pic of them on the couch is so darling! They will be great friends- and you are a great mom, it sounds like you handled everything very well!

micah folsom photography said...

aah you sound like such a good mom! your boys are so precious.. those pictures with kaemon and eli on the couch are adorable!

Kyle, Jess, and Max said...

You guys are great! What cute boys! I can't believe how gentle Kaemon is being to Eli...it is super sweet! We need to get together sometime. We miss you guys!

Kristin said...

I just want to say how sweet that picture is of your boys! So daring! It's so neat to have those precious moments on film.

The Obergs said...

Remember the Henderson family that was in our Ogden ward?? They have like 6 kids and some of them look hawaiian and some of them are as white as can be. It sounds like you're going to have a family like that. I think it's great because you get the best of Rory AND you. I'm glad Kaemon is doing better with little Eli, and I'm no expert, but it sounds like you're handling the situation very well.

As far as your bad experience with dentists, I'm sorry to hear that. If you're looking for a great dentist who's not a "crook" and the best dentist I've met, you can try out my dad in Layton.
774-8190.

Cami said...

That is such a sweet picture of the two boys. I miss them!

Erin said...

The Mazda 3 was pretty sweet, the only problem is that it can get a little cramped when you put a car seat in there. It drives nice and gets great mileage, and is good for a car, but only if you're not really looking to have stuff, like children, in the back seat too often. So if you were going to have 2 cars and kids go in the other one, then it's great. The 5, for a family car, is amazing. Especially with two kids. Each can go in a bucket seat and they're close enough to hold hands but far enough away to not kill each other. Then the back bench with two seats folds down FLAT (amazing, you'd never really know it's there) to give you lots of cargo room. If you leave it up then there isn't a ton of room for anything in the back. If you guys go test driving anytime soon you should drive one just for fun. We both LOVE it. The mileage is good, too. I think it's 27 hwy 24 city. We just got it at Rand's auto in N. Salt Lake, which has been a good place.

Bean said...

Welcome lil Eli! He is a stud! I am glad he doesnt have to worry about big-brother attacks anymore, at least for now, until he is old enough to want the same toy as his brother and a battle for supremacy erupts