CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 27, 2008

MRI

Eli checked into the Primary Childrens Medical Center at 6:30 this morning. Rory doesn't have many vacation days left so my mom was kind enough to accompany us to the hospital this morning. I am so thankful to her for coming!
I could not feed him after two in the morning so of course we woke up at 1:30 to feed him one last time and then again at 4:00 to give him some pedialyte. We also didn't even get to bed until 12:30. Rory, my parents, Rory's parents, my sister Amy and her husband Jim all met at my parents' house last night at 9:30 to give Eli a blessing. Jim was the one who administered the blessing and it was amazing! It gave us so much comfort in knowing that Eli would out-grow his condition and that everything would be ok through time. I'm so thankful to have such great guys in our family!

I will never forget that blessing.

Kaemon spent the night at Amy and Jim's and he was so excited to be with Jackson. He didn't miss me for one second, which was a blessing because it was one less thing I had to stress about.

So anyway, we got the the hospital and they had us wait in a waiting room, then go do some stuff with a nurse, then another waiting room, and then we met with the anesthesiologist. Finally it was time to take him back and say goodbye :( The poor little guy was so hungry and he kept trying to eat his hand. It broke my heart! I was happy to finally be getting things going.




This is how they got him to sleep, it's kind of like laughing gas. Luckily this worked and they didn't need to use any sort of narcotics or else they would have wanted to keep him overnight. This was hard for me to see him laying there crying and then all the sudden go limp. It was worse than when they started the IV.

Then, after only about 45 minutes he was all done and awake! They came and got us and said he was out. They moved him to 3 different recovery rooms, this is in the elevator on the way to the last one, he was loving the ride in his rolling crib, I thought he looked so cute looking around.

The best part of the day was when the pediatrician's office called back and gave me the results. Everything is normal! We could not be happier. Thanks so much to everyone who gave us words of encouragement and prayed for Eli. We're not quite sure what the next step is, but we're just happy that it seems to be nothing neurological. We found out that he most likely wasn't intubated, so we have no idea what's causing the paralysis. I'm going to make an appointment for him with a specialist in Salt Lake and I guess we will just go from there.


This is such a cute picture. Whenever grandma Cheryl picks Eli up he smiles at her. No joke. Of course by the time I grabbed the camera he was no longer smiling. He was trying so hard to talk though! I can't wait to hear his sweet little voice in it's normal state and I know that I will never take the sound of it for granted. Even when he is screaming or mouthing off as a moody teenager.

6 comments:

Karly said...

So glad to hear that! What a stressful time for you guys.

Jenni said...

I am so happy that you got some good news! I have been so worried about you guys...I love you guys and pray for the best for you. Thanks for being the great friends that you are and for always being there for me. Sorry I haven't been around during your recent struggles. I feel bad... but, know that my prayers are with you. We head to Ohio on Monday morning... FAREWELL GOOD FRIENDS! I am sure I will see you in the future.

Ashley and Devan said...

I got your text and was so glad to hear that everything was okay! Sweet precious Eli!

The Obergs said...

I like your new background, I feel like I'm being hypnotized when I scroll down. I'm so glad for the good news. You guys are so strong, I think I would be a nervous wreck during every little procedure. Good luck cute baby Eli!

Rodarte Family said...

That picture of Eli with the oxygen mask on nearly broke my heart. I'm sure it was so hard to see your little one like that.
You've been in our thoughts and prayers and we're so glad you guys received good news.

Steve and Whitney Mortenson said...

I have been thinking about you guys all weekend! I am so relieved to hear the good news about Eli! He just gets cuter and cuter every day! Let me know if we can do anything for you!