Wednesday, August 6, 2008
4 years already?!
Yesterday was our 4 year wedding anniversary, can you believe it? It seriously doesn't seem like that long ago! To celebrate we went out on Saturday night, which actually was our 5 year anniversary of our first date! We ate at Ye Lion's Den (which I highly recommend), then we went and saw Hancock. Usually when we go out there are other couples so it was nice to have a date that was just the two of us.
Here are some pictures of one of the happiest days of my life. These aren't our real wedding pictures, they are scanned copies of some Rory's aunt took-so the quality is not that great.
I guess just for fun I will tell how Ror and I met. When I was in 5th grade, my family moved to Layton from Oregon, and we moved into Rory's ward. I don't remember when I first saw him but I do remember when I was in the 6th grade and I'd go hang out over at Kirkhams' house, who lived right next door to Rory, I would always hope that he'd be outside playing basketball. He says he remembers seeing me back then, but of course didn't really think much of me because he's a few years older than me. One time my little sis Becky and I were in my room and we were practicing signing our names with boys' last names that we liked. I signed Lori Sayama and Becky was like, "That sounds really good" and then we both looked at eachother and started laughing because it would be weird if I married him since our names rhymed.
Those are just a few of the early memories I have about Rory. I always had a little crush on him, but I never really thought I'd date him, or marry him for that matter. One Sunday, when I was a senior in high school, and Rory and I no longer in the same ward, we passed eachother in the hall. I thought he checked me out and I definitely thought he was even hotter after his mission. So call me a stalker, but I would take my nieces on walks all the time and of course our route included walking by his house, it was strange that he always seemed to drive by. After church on another Sunday my mom was like, "Lori, someone asked about you at church today." She finally told me how he went up to her, asked how old I was, and then when she told him I was 18 that he smiled. I thought for sure he would ask me out. But I had to wait a long time. He wouldn't date me until I graduated, so that summer I get a phone call from him asking me out for the next day. But just my luck...I couldn't go. I was headed off on a Book of Mormon tour in Central America. When I got back, I was asked out right away...but not by him. My friend asked me out, who also happened to be Rory's friend. So we went on a huge group date to Salt Lake, and Rory went with another girl. Finally, I think it was the next night, Rory asked me out and we went bowling, and then watched a movie at his house. After that-there was hardly a day that went by that we didn't spend together.
We had so many opportunities to talk when we were younger but for some reason we never really talked until just the right time. I always tell him that it's a good thing we aren't the same age and didn't go to high school together because I wouldn't have been interested in him, and he probably wouldn't have been interested in me.
I feel so lucky to have Rory for my husband. When I was younger I had a running list of qualities I wanted in my husband and honestly that old piece of paper looks ridiculous when compared to Rory. He's just an amazing person and I love him. Happy Anniversary, Ror!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
Thanks Hon. Love, your Hub.
What a cute story. It is always great to hear about happy couples! You two are so cute together.
Aww, you guys are so cute. Congrats on 5 years!
happy anniversary! I forgot that you guys were in the same ward for a while. Here's to 4 more years!
P.S I've never eaten at the Lion's Den, but I will take your advice.
Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute together! Plus you make cute kids! Ü
Congratulations on 4 years! I loved hearing how you guys met. Such a cute story!
Hey Lori, I found your blog through miss Janna's blog. You have such a cute family! Its funny how we all grow up and move on...anyways Congrats on four years!!
Mandy (Broadbent) Neve
I can't believe it's been that long! Congrats! He is writing software for the PD (whatever that means) team. He is a contractor that they hired. He really likes it there, he said he would go work there full time if anything happened with the job he is at now. What does Rory do there?
Those are cute, cute pictures. I remember that day. You looked gorgeous. You guys are still so cute, and your kids, I could just eat them up. Congratulations!!
Rory and Lori,
Hey guys I found your blog a few months ago. Love the kids they're so adorable! Thanks for sharing how you met. Lori, that's so cute that he was your crush and now your husband. I remember having lots of little crushes like that in Jr. High and going out of my way on walks to try and see them.... Ha ha. That brings back so many funny memories! Now I know I'm not the only one who was silly like that! You guys are so cute and I'm so happy for you! Congrats on 4 years!!
P.S. Lori, sorry if you don't know me... I went to High School with Rory. He really is a great guy!
P.P.S. Rory, I tried to name my daughter after you but the hubby just wouldn't have it. I can't even make it her nickname... what a bummer!
Happy anniversary!!! Wow has it really been that long. Where does the time go? Your family is so cute!
Post a Comment