A few weeks ago Rory's work's marketing department put on a rock band competition. Of course when Rory heard about it he had to put together a band. So him and some of his buddies, and our bro-in law Dave (the drummer) formed the group My Cubicle Romance. (Get it?...My Chemical Romance..) Anyway, so many groups signed up that this turned into a big ordeal. They made posters, sold t-shirts, tattoos, pins, and held it at the Ogden Amphitheater. The sales from all the goods would go to the band that won. It turned out to be over $1200! Rory's band rocked it! They had the crowd going wild, a mosh pit, groupies who ran up and danced on stage with them, they even threw out otter pops, and Ammon's wife threw a bra up on stage. It was hilarious! They had the highest score from the judges. The best part was seeing all the computer nerds dress up like rock stars. Their band definitely was the best performer and they really got jipped when they lost by .19 points. The team that won should not have had a 9 on their stage performance, but I guess it helps when your dad is the judge. We were all pretty ticked and it took us a while to get over it, especially when tons of people kept coming up and telling them that they should have won. The money would have been nice, but I guess it was all in good fun. We had a blast and they did great. I was proud of Rory, and so was Kaemon. We went and saw Batman (which I hated) after and Rory kept his pink mohawk...the looks we got were hilarious!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Rory's Rock Band Competition!
A few weeks ago Rory's work's marketing department put on a rock band competition. Of course when Rory heard about it he had to put together a band. So him and some of his buddies, and our bro-in law Dave (the drummer) formed the group My Cubicle Romance. (Get it?...My Chemical Romance..) Anyway, so many groups signed up that this turned into a big ordeal. They made posters, sold t-shirts, tattoos, pins, and held it at the Ogden Amphitheater. The sales from all the goods would go to the band that won. It turned out to be over $1200! Rory's band rocked it! They had the crowd going wild, a mosh pit, groupies who ran up and danced on stage with them, they even threw out otter pops, and Ammon's wife threw a bra up on stage. It was hilarious! They had the highest score from the judges. The best part was seeing all the computer nerds dress up like rock stars. Their band definitely was the best performer and they really got jipped when they lost by .19 points. The team that won should not have had a 9 on their stage performance, but I guess it helps when your dad is the judge. We were all pretty ticked and it took us a while to get over it, especially when tons of people kept coming up and telling them that they should have won. The money would have been nice, but I guess it was all in good fun. We had a blast and they did great. I was proud of Rory, and so was Kaemon. We went and saw Batman (which I hated) after and Rory kept his pink mohawk...the looks we got were hilarious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Woah.. did you just call my hubby a computer nerd??
sure did
Does Rory work at MarketStar? Matt is contracting down there right now and they did that there. No I don't describe to american parent...but I need to start getting magazines like that!
Holy crap, I couldn't even tell that was Rory till I zoomed in. Tell him he can totally pull off the rocker look and he should try the mowhawk at church sunday!
Oh my gosh!! I am so sad that I missed that!!!!! Rory is so freakin' hilarious!!!!! That sucks that they didn't win! :(
Post a Comment