Last weekend we went on an over night campout with my family. We went up to the Heber Valley Girls' Camp, which was amazing. It's considered the Hilton of girls camps. Right now if you want to go there you have to be put on a waiting list for 2010! My uncle was looking for a camping spot on the internet and came across the opening, someone had a last minute cancellation, so luckily we were able to go! It was such a nice camp-nice cabins, flushing toilets, and best of all, everything was so CLEAN. Definitely my style of camping. They also had a challenge course. Walking across the ropes didn't look very hard, and I wasn't scared until I actually got to the top of the tree, then I wanted to come back down, but everyone talked me into just going across! I swear I used to be much more of a daredevil. Does having kids subconsciously make you more aware of dangerous tasks? It was a lot higher than it looks. I cold not believe it when little Cecily-8 years old-went across! Everyone was so proud of her! Jaycee was a little too short do go across the rope, but she did climb the tree and repel back down. She did a beautiful job! I wish I had taken more pictures, but it was a fun trip! Sorry about the format of my posts. My computer will not let me see which picture is which until after I post it.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Bruderer Campout
Last weekend we went on an over night campout with my family. We went up to the Heber Valley Girls' Camp, which was amazing. It's considered the Hilton of girls camps. Right now if you want to go there you have to be put on a waiting list for 2010! My uncle was looking for a camping spot on the internet and came across the opening, someone had a last minute cancellation, so luckily we were able to go! It was such a nice camp-nice cabins, flushing toilets, and best of all, everything was so CLEAN. Definitely my style of camping. They also had a challenge course. Walking across the ropes didn't look very hard, and I wasn't scared until I actually got to the top of the tree, then I wanted to come back down, but everyone talked me into just going across! I swear I used to be much more of a daredevil. Does having kids subconsciously make you more aware of dangerous tasks? It was a lot higher than it looks. I cold not believe it when little Cecily-8 years old-went across! Everyone was so proud of her! Jaycee was a little too short do go across the rope, but she did climb the tree and repel back down. She did a beautiful job! I wish I had taken more pictures, but it was a fun trip! Sorry about the format of my posts. My computer will not let me see which picture is which until after I post it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, you were 13?! That seems like so long ago! I don't know what the deal is with my OB, it seems like everyone I talk to now is getting ultrasounds at every check-up instead of the whole "hands on" ordeal (give me the cold jelly on my stomach any day!).
looks like so much fun! your boys are too cute:]
Post a Comment