CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What's That Noise?

For about a week last month Ogden High's marching band held early morning practices in my livingroom, or so it sounded. It was really at the park across the street. Kaemon was constantly asking, "wha dat noise, mommy?" and I'd tell him, "People in the park playing drums." He loved to talk about the people in the park playing drums and would tell everyone about them. So one day in the car I was playing the Memoirs of a Geisha cd and Kaemon was like, "Wha dat noise, Mommy? People playing dums?" So I told him yes, and then we picked out other instruments like the violin, flute, etc. We can no longer go anywhere in the car without listening to this cd. Kaemon is literally obsessed with drums! We get in the car and he says, "I want drums!" until we out in that cd. We've tried other cds with drums, but no. Has to be the Geisha cd.

The other day, while finishing off the last of some icecream, I had the idea to wash out the container and let Kaemon use it as a drum. He loves it! Oh, and that's Rory's hairy foot-not mine.

1 comment:

Cami said...

cute drum idea! a lady in my ward uses old formula canisters for drums in the nursery, they make a cool sound. I have one of the big ones if you want it. Also, I now have a great birthday idea for k k (as Landon calls him)